Friday 29 August 2014

End of August

I have been rather negligent with my blog postings the last few weeks and now suddenly, it's the end of summer. So here are a few of the highlights from the month of August.

Daylily 'Christmas Day'

Daylily 'Catherine Woodbury'

'Stargazer' lilies

Saskatoons from Gord's acreage

Saskatoons for breakfast!






The spider webs seem to be everywhere at this time of year


My friend, Adele, works at the Legislature and, now and then, throughout the summer we'll meet on the Legislature grounds at lunchtime to soak up the sun and watch the kids playing in the fountains.  A few days ago she introduced me to one of her favourite, more secluded spots away from the crowds where I was thrilled to discover a flower bed filled with gorgeous shades of pink and purple foxglove.



What a gorgeous riot of colour for the end of summer!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb,
    I'm hoping that I subscribed correctly and will get your blog posts from now on. I can't believe I missed a summer of your pictures. They are all so lovely and the strawberries made my mouth water! I hope they are still fine after your little incident with the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn, great to hear from you. Knowing you're here will encourage me to post more often. We're having great late summer weather here this week, perfect for Hilary's wedding next weekend.

      Delete