Tuesday 30 July 2013

White pants

A reasonable facsimile of the blog writer
My sister, Sharon, was out for a visit this past weekend (more on that in a later post) and she happened to see my white pants hanging in my closet and asked, so, how often would you need to wash those pants.  To which I replied, it depends on how often I wear them.

Well, it seems I may have jinxed myself, or at least severely underestimated my ability to attract disaster.

This morning, I put on said white pants, hopped on my bike and headed off to work.  When I arrived at the office, I suddenly noticed that there were grey streaks on the upper right pant leg (looked like dirt but I couldn't wipe it off).  I figured, oh well, I could live with it.  Still not sure where the marks came from but wouldn't be surprised if my bike had something to do with it.

Then all of a sudden I noticed pink marks on the left pant leg.  What the heck?  Pink? 

I stared at it and poked at it and tried to figure out where on earth that had come from.  Then realized, wait a minute, I think that's strawberry!  This morning, when I was going to pack up my bike bag, I realized I had forgotten a container in it last Thursday and it had a mushy strawberry in it.  I had dumped out the strawberry but didn't realize it had leaked into my bag.  I had put my purse into the bag directly on top of the offending strawberry juice.  When I took out my purse at work, I put it on my lap and transferred the juice onto my pant leg.  Hence the pink stain.

Brother!  I knew that one of my co-workers had a Tide stain remover pen, so I went and borrowed it and was able to get out the worst of the stain.  I then went back to my desk and picked up the bike bag in order to wipe out the juice, not realizing it had leaked onto the outside of the bag as well. 

Suddenly, there was another huge pink stripe on my pant leg.  Good grief!  At that point, I said, enough! 

I went to my supervisor's office, showed him the mess (he gasped and then laughed) and told him I was going home to change my pants. 

I'm now wearing black pants.




4 comments:

  1. Okay; I guess you were thinking about rushing out to the airport on Thursday after work to pick up "yours truly" and that's why you forgot to empty your lunch bag. The strawberry stain will come out beautifully if you pour boiling water directly over the stain. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day!
    You're looking quite glamourous on your picture though! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is hilarious - I nearly died laughing!

    ReplyDelete