Tuesday 17 December 2013

Overheard on the way to work

So, I'm riding the LRT (light rail transit) to work this morning and can't help but overhear a conversation between two 20-something young women, whom we'll call Tiffany and Ashley. They obviously know each other from way back but haven't seen each other in years, so they're catching up on each others' lives.  The conversation goes something like this:

Tiffany:  Wow, it is so great to see you.  How are you?
Ashley:  I'm actually really sick. 
Tiffany:  Oh, no, that's too bad. 
Ashley:  Yeah, but other than that I'm okay.
Tiffany:  Wow, I haven't seen you in ages.  How old are you now?  20?
Ashley:  Yeah.
Tiffany:  Oh, wow, I feel old (she looks like she's no more than 23).
Tiffany:  Wow, it is so good to see you.  I heard that you broke up with your old boyfriend.  Have you got a new one now?
Ashley:  I did have a new one, but I broke up with him and then I went back to the old one.
Tiffany:  Oh, great.  Wow, it is so good to see you.  How's your mom?  Is she seeing anyone?
Ashley:  Yeah, she's seeing a guy.  He's really nice.
Tiffany:  Oh, that's great.  I LOVE your mom; she's so great.
Ashley:  Yeah.
Tiffany:  And did you hear that my parents are getting back together again, for the second time!  Isn't that so crazy!


At this point, I'm thinking: Wow, I live in a completely different world.  And I think I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment