Wednesday 29 May 2013

Big rain

Thunderstormy weather here today. I had just finished mowing the lawn when I started hearing the thunder in the distance. It's been so long since I've seen a thunderstorm, I quite enjoyed it. Although once the hail started, I did get a bit worried. Thankfully it stayed small and didn't do much damage.

A few shredded leaves on the sweet potato vine in the pots, but not too bad.

If these hostas had been further along, they'd likely have had some damaged leaves. But they're mostly just getting started. I love the way they look when they're just poking out of the ground -- kinda prehistoric looking.

And who can resist these adorable fiddleheads.

Such a wonderful time of year!

 

1 comment:

  1. We've had rain all day and the forecast doesn't sound as if it will end any time soon. Glad to hear that the hail yesterday didn't do any damage to your plantings. I may just have to move my pots to the front next year and put in coleus and begonias.

    ReplyDelete