Saturday 18 May 2013

Victoria Day weekend

What a perfect start to the long weekend. 22 degrees and beautifully sunny -- a perfect day for being outside. I managed to pot up six pots for my back deck.

My deck is fairly shady for a good part of the day, and one of my favourite annuals for the shade is coleus. Grown for their brilliantly coloured leaves rather than their flowers, coleus are available in a wide range of colours, sizes and leaf shapes.

Here they are all potted up. I realized after the fact that in year's past I've included a trailing plant like sweet potato vine or calibrachoa (million bells). I think I may still add something like that to give the pots a bit more of a finished look.

I just love the variation of colour and leaf shape.
 
I also did three pots with yellow begonia and sweet potato vine and then filled up the rest with leftover coleus.
Tomorrow's forecast is calling for rain, so I'm glad I managed to get these done!

No comments:

Post a Comment