Monday 13 May 2013

Planting pots

It was a beautiful day to do some spring planting and, since I happened to have the day off, I took full advantage of it.

I like to put two pots of purple and yellow pansies on my front steps. This year I started with a nemesia in the centre (below)

And then added six pansy plugs around the outside.

I discovered the stems of the nemesia break off really easily if you're not careful. My first pot looks a bit beat up as a result, but thankfully the stems will grow back. I was more careful with the second pot and I think it turned out quite nicely. Now the pansies just need to fill out a bit and I'll have a nice pot full off purple and yellow.
While at the greenhouse, I also found a pot with a little removable cage attached to it, perfect for a small tomato. I potted it up with a Tiny Tim tomato. Can wait to have a plant full of those little babies!

I'll be getting more plants over the long weekend to fill up the pots on my deck. Stay tuned.

 

2 comments:

  1. Okay, here's my first attempt; it was easier than I thought it would be! Your pot looks beautiful (did you notice that your gardening gloves match the flowers)! I thought of you yesterday when we were at the greenhouse; I have no talent when it comes to stuff like that and very little interest but I was grateful for the help that I got from one of the staff. Looking forward to seeing the pots that you do on the W/E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Yes, I thought the purple glove was a nice touch!

      Delete