Sunday 26 May 2013

Rain at last

We have finally had rain here this weekend, our first substantial rain of the season. My rain barrel was dry before it started raining on Friday and by the time I got home from work it was full to the brim. A very welcome sight!

I'm sure the gardens and lawns and fields were just soaking it up.

Today is a beautiful mostly sunny day, and I managed to get some carrots seeded in a container. I don't have a decent spot for vegetable gardening so the little bit of veggies that I do plant are done in pots.

Sally watched from the sidelines.

 

2 comments:

  1. Okay attempt #2; Eric isn't home so I can't ask him what profile to use; oh I think I just figured it out ;) Your tulips are gorgeous; I'm sure everything looks nice and lush after the rain you got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I had planted a mixture of purple tulips and pink ones in a few different spots, and the funny thing is when they came up this spring, the purple ones were in one spot and the pink ones in another! I do really love these pink ones though.

      Delete